We're sure that you have some fun and exciting road trips planned for 2022. To ensure you stay safe and on time with your future itinerary, you need to stay prepared. Before you hit the highway for your upcoming road trip, it is vital that you pack the essentials. Packing these items below can help you if you come across an accident, a breakdown situation, and any harm to your health in general. Here's what to pack for your next road trip!
- Jumper cables - just in case your car battery dies on you
- A spare tire and tire changing kit - in case of a flat tire or tire blowout
- A first aid kit - including some OTC medicine, band-aids, ointment, gauze, etc.
- Plenty of water and non-perishable food - to stay hydrated and fed, especially if your car breaks down in the middle of nowhere
- A phone charger - just in case you need to call roadside assistance.
- Car registration and warranty papers - essential documents to have at the ready just in case you have to file a report
- Backup directions to your location - what if your phone dies?
- Flares or reflective cones - these will help you alert other drivers of your presence if you have to stop on the roadside.
- Backup car fluids
Besides packing these items to help you feel more prepared, one thing you can do is bring your vehicle into our auto repair shop for a pre-trip inspection. At Dave's Automotive, we will thoroughly inspect your tires, fluids, brakes, engine, transmission, hoses and belts, and more to ensure they hold up for the many miles you're going to be driving. During your downtime, the last thing you want to worry about is a vehicle breakdown. To avoid the headaches altogether and to have a great time on your trip, we highly recommend having your car inspected beforehand.
For all your automotive needs, please call or come by Dave's Automotive LLC.