Most car owners are familiar with their regular vehicle services, such as the oil change and vehicle inspections. While these services are very important, preventative maintenance is also needed in order to ensure that your vehicle runs smoothly and to help you avoid major repairs.
A poorly maintained vehicle won't run well and will have much lower fuel efficiency. It will also be at risk for breakdowns, major issues, and more needed repairs. Staying current with your vehicle's scheduled maintenance recommendations in the owner's manual, checking fluid levels, and changing the fluids and filters periodically will actually prolong the life of the brakes, engine, transmission, and cooling system.
Here are some of our tips for taking better care of your vehicle and staying current with preventative maintenance:
- Never miss a motor oil interval!
- Oil filters need to be changed regularly as well
- Transmission fluid exchange every 50,000 miles or so
- Coolant change every 2-3 years
- Brake fluid change every 2-3 years plus regular brake inspections
- Power steering fluid change
- Replace the engine air filter every 30,000 miles or so
- Change cabin air filter every 12,000 miles or so
- Fuel system cleaning every 25,000 to 30,000 miles
All of the services listed above are recommended periodically or as needed in order to prevent major repairs such as transmission problems and engine issues from occuring.
If you're due for any preventative maintenance item listed, don't hesitate to give the experts a call here at Dave's Automotive. We will help keep your vehicle dependable and reliable on the road!